Monday 28 July 2008

Chapter 7

Gail didn’t know what to do, yes, she liked Jon’s kiss, but not as much as Richie’s slight kiss.  Now all three of them sat like statues, not talking, just casting furtive glances at each other.

Someone had to break the tension that had taken over, it might as well be her, ‘Well hell Jon, talk about taking a woman by surprise!  But I must say, you just don’t ‘do it’ for me!  Now Richie’s little kiss on the other hand, well honey that blew my socks clean across the car park.’  She winked at Richie as his head snapped up looking straight at her, he started to grin.

‘Oh, fuck honey, don’t say that, he won’t be worth shit having a gorgeous woman saying that to him!’  Jon rolled his eyes and shook his head, he slapped Richie on the back, conveying his apology, and his happiness of what she’d said.

‘Least I don’t have egg on my face for kissing a woman who’s immune to my charms.’  He slapped Jon back, nearly knocking his eyeballs out of his head with the strength he’d put into it.

As the guys started to bicker, Mai arrived with waiters in tow, bringing many, many dishes to the table.  They shut up as their mouths started to water, reminding them they were hungry.

Gail watched and smiled as both men dug into the dishes with gusto, she hoped there might be a grain of rice or a noodle left for her. Hell, Mai may have brought enough food out to feed and army, but not to feed two hungry ‘rock gods’!

Richie caught the smile, and realised they were acting like they were starving. ‘Darlin I’m sorry, someone puts food in front of us and we forget our manners.’ He kicked Jon under the table.

‘Huh?’ Came from Jon, a noodle hanging half in and out of his mouth, he looked at Gail’s dish and realised while theirs were piled high, she’d got nothing on her.  He sucked the noodle in with a slurp, and red face started to apologise to her.

Gail laughed, they looked like little boys caught doing something they shouldn’t be doing!  ‘Please don’t break a habit of a lifetime on my account, scoff away, Mai will always bring more.’  She chuckled some more at the relieved looks that flew across their faces. Boys!

She dove into the scrumptious food that magically appeared seconds after she said the words, and while they ate they talked about how she’d got into her business.  She ended up telling them everything, how she’d gone to Sweden after leaving school at sixteen, and trying to get someone to realise she was serious about wanting to learn and working her ass off for years to perfect the technique, and to surpass her teacher. 

‘You mean you left home at sixteen?’  Jon was stunned, yeah boys did it, but back then, not many girls left the safety of home.

Gail grabbed a few mouthfuls, ‘You know I’m sure your keeping me talking so you can hoover all the food!’

‘Crap, she caught us bro!’  Richie laughed, shovelling in more chilli beef, but it was nice to hear someone else’s life and not trot out their down pat answers.  ‘I take it from your business, you found someone?’

‘Yeah, Lance, I bugged the hell out of him, every day for a month.  He’d taken one look at me and dismissed me as a silly school girl he told me later!  I don’t take dismissal very well.  After a month of showing up and sitting in his reception, he gave in and took me in on a one-month trial, throwing stuff at me no one should put up with. I did, I wanted to learn from the best and he was it.  After two weeks, he realised I wasn’t giving in, and started to show me bits and pieces. He was shocked that I took to massage like a duck to water.  I never looked back!’ She sighed wistfully.

Richie was jealous of this Lance; he’d moulded a sixteen-year-old girl into this woman before him.  He wondered what else he’d taught her, frowning.

Captain Tactless struck again, ‘So, what kind of lover did he make?’

Gail had just taken a drink and choking, it shot up and out threw her nose and over everything in front of her!

‘Fuck Jon, why’d you say that?’  Richie dived to help a red-faced Gail who seemed to be choking, moping her up, as Mai and waiters arrived to help out.

‘What? I wanted to know, that’s all, didn’t expect this.’  Jon too started to help out, dabbing ineffectually at her chest, his hand was slapped hard by Mai. ‘What?’

‘Don’t try that innocent look with me boy!’

That’s when everyone about the table realised Gail wasn’t choking, she was laughing her ass off!

Tears streamed down her face, then she looked at Jon’s face and went under again!  Talk about being blindsided with a question, Jesus he just didn’t care!

‘Darlin are you ok?’ the concern in Richie’s face had her hysterics slowing to a dull roar. ‘Bongiovi, you can be such an asshole at times!’ His concern for Gail was warring with the need to kill Jon.

Finally, Gail stood, Richie jumped to her side, and she waved him back down, ‘No sit, I’m going to the ladies to clean up. Jon, you really need a sensor between your brain and mouth honey.’  With that she laughed her way into the bathroom once more. 

4 comments:

The Goddess Hathor said...

I laughed at the image of Jon w/a noodlw half sticking out of his mouth and admit I twitched a lil imagining the slurp...

And hell I'd put them up to a kissing contest any day! As I rarely wear socks, they'd have to try to blow some other piece of clothing clear across the parking lot... Hmmmm, wonder what that could be... lol

~ Hath

Joviswoman said...

Yeah and if I didn't know better, it'd be your panties!!!

But they'd be at home, so, whatever lmao!

norwichliz said...

Good thing Jon doesn't talk to the media like he does her! He'd get himself in REALLY hot water!

Queenie said...

OMG, too funny Gail. The image of Jon slurping the noodle, laughed right out loud!

Great job. Bring on some more, please?! ;)