Wednesday 25 June 2008

Chapter 3

She worked slowly and with precision on Jon.  First making him sit with his arm to the side, then making him turn his head this way and that.

Then she made him lay on his back, running her hands around the back of his neck, into his hair line, damn it was soft; finding the little bumps that showed where it was out of alignment. ‘Ok I want you to take a deep breath in, now drop your shoulders, a little more.  Right let your head go floppy, that’s it, look toward the wall and up, relax shoulders a little more….’ And with that she twisted his head sharply to the side, a loud pop could be heard.  Jon sighed and Richie winced. ‘You ok down there?’

‘Fine darlin.’

‘Right let’s do the other side.’  She went through the same process, with the same result the loud popping.

She had him turn onto his front, she held his left arm, getting him to push slightly forward, her other hand walking down his spine.  She dropped his arm and he let it flop onto the armrests.  He was in heaven, he may have thought she wasn’t up to the job, but damn she was good!

She then slowly worked her hands down his spine, her fingers finding a knot, she walked around the bench and lent over him. ‘Right take a deep breath in, hold it, ok let it go, let the shoulders go loose, and …’  pushing down on his spine a quick bounce and it popped!  She moved again and repeated each step, every time getting a pop and a groan.

She then rubbed his shoulder and back lightly, then did a quick check from neck to buttocks.  She forced her brain away from who she was touching, and tried to think of him as someone else. 

She raised his legs back checking movement and alignment again; making certain he had no aches.

Richie sat and watched her touch his brother, why did he have the need to rip Jon’s arms off and beat him with them?  He’d never felt like this so quick, it scared the shit out of him, he wondered if he asked nicely she’d give him a once over.  Mind you he wouldn’t be able to get off the damn bed if she did!

Gail made Jon sit again, and went through the same process as she had at the beginning.  ‘Ok, seems my work here is finally done.’  She laughed and Jon looked up at her, she was something.

‘Gail, you are the best!  I can’t thank you enough.’

‘You’re welcome, but you really need to make sure you see someone for a couple of weeks.  You can’t afford to let it get like that again. I’m surprised you could walk or sit.’

‘He couldn’t! He of course wouldn’t listen to anyone.  He didn’t trust anyone else and his normal guy is out of action, he’s in a body cast, don’t ask!  It wasn’t till he was nearly crying with pain he remembered Elton has back trouble, so he rang him, and here we are!’  Richie now stood next to her, she smelled of vanilla and other scents, he wondered if she’d taste like that too.

‘Hey, still in the fuckin room bro!’  Jon was a little embarrassed, Richie spoke the truth. ‘I’ll take your advice, we’re in the UK for another week, so can you fit me in?’

‘Nope, sorry no can do, I can arrange for you to see another chiropractor if you want.’

‘Hey monies no object and I don’t care what time you need to see me I….’

‘Hold it! I’m not trying to palm you off on anyone else, it’s just that well today you are my last client, ever. I’m retiring myself.’

Jon looked shocked and deflated, he finds the perfect masseuse and chiropractor all rolled into one, and she’s retiring!  Well crap! ‘What do you mean, retiring, you’re not old enough.’

‘Well aren’t you sweet, I’ve owned this place for over twenty-four years now, I think it’s time I get a rest out of it.’

‘You own this place, I thought someone called Laurel did?  That is the name, isn’t it?  How old are you, if you don’t mind me askin?’

‘Yes, Jon it is, I didn’t have a big enough ego to call the place after myself. And I’m not telling!’  She went bright red as Richie laughed, she finally caught up with what she’d said.  Oh hell!

‘Well Frank doesn’t have that problem, do ya bro?’

‘Fuck you Dean!’

‘I’m sorry that came out wrong ………’

‘Don’t worry Gail, I’m big enough to take it.’  Jon grinned and flashed his smile, he really liked this woman, refreshing was the word he’d use.  She hadn’t gushed or simpered, she’d pushed and pummelled the kinks out of him without caressing him!  She’d blushed yeah but what the hell, that was fun.

Just then a loud noise broke the bit of tension, Gail prayed the floor to open up and swallow her. ‘Well there darlin, sounds like someone’s a lil hungry.’  Richie grinned down at her.

‘Sorry, you guys caught me, I was heading out for dinner.’

‘Where were you going?’  Jon asked.

‘Just to a local Chinese, hell who am I kidding I eat there nearly every night.’ She laughed a bit self-consciously.

‘Well how about we tag along and buy you a thank you for fixing me meal, I could go for Chinese.’  Jon said giving his best smile, eyes crinkling in the corners.

‘No, no, that’s fine, I didn’t mind staying behind.  Don’t worry yourself, you have better things to do and places to be than eat with me, I’m sure.’  Holy hell she couldn’t cope with Richie being any nearer her without jumping him!  He’d moved right next to her and she could feel his warmth. And his smell was just heavenly!

Aw hell she wasn’t getting away from him that fast!  Reaching out he put his arm over her shoulders, damn she was just the right height for him to do that without breaking his back. ‘Now Gail, darlin, you see we’d like to take you to dinner, a beautiful woman is preferable to sitting looking at Frank there any day! You wouldn’t want me to have to look at his ugly face all night, would you?’  He turned his chocolate brown eyes on her, as she’d always called it, the puppy look!  The one that turned any sane female to mush, and damn it she was sane!

‘Well, if you’re sure, be warned it’s nothing fancy, but the food is fantastic.’  Emerald eyes sparkled at brown slumberous ones, god his eyes were like melted pools of chocolate, she wanted to dive in and stay there.

Jon felt a tad left out, ‘Well how about I put some clothes on and then we can git, after I settled my bill that is.’

‘Oh, you don’t owe me anything, it’s on the house! And don’t try talking me around; I don’t take orders from anyone.  I couldn’t have wished for a better ending to my career than to work on you Jon.  Oh, hell that sounds dirty!’  She hid her face in her hands praying they’d be gone when she looked again!

Richie’s arm tightened and squeezed her too him, ‘Dirty in a good way darlin.’  The grin was pure devil!

‘Ok, but we’re paying for dinner, right.’  Jon’s eyebrow winged up.

‘Ok and I can do that too.’  Gail’s brow shot up too.  They laughed at each other.

‘Frank, get dressed will ya?’

‘Yeah I better change too; I’ll meet you in reception.’  With that she moved from under Richie’s arm, turned and walked quietly out of the door.  Once out she sagged against the wall, nearly hyperventilating.  Sweet mother of god she was having dinner with two of the hottest men, ever, frak!

With that she took off running to change.

1 comment:

The Goddess Hathor said...

FRAK is right! *scooting to next chapter*